By submitting your audio recording (the “Recording”) to us at truestorytime.org (“the Publisher”), you agree to the following Agreement.
In layperson’s terms, the agreement says that you made this recording yourself, with the consent of the storytellers. You own the copyright to the recording you made and you’re giving us permission to use the content however we choose (for example: editing and broadcasting on the podcast, selling Best Of albums). We’ll own the copyright to the version(s) we edit and share, and you’ll own the copyright to the raw version you share with us. You can do anything you want with that raw recording since you own the copyright.
1. You acknowledge that the Recording was made with the consent of all persons recorded.
2. You agree to transfer it to the Publisher to be considered for publishing on truestorytime.org.
3. The Publisher does not claim ownership of the Recording you submit. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all rights of copyright belong to you, including the rights to re-publish the Recording elsewhere. However, with respect to the Recording you submit, you grant the Publisher the following worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license: With respect to the Recording you submit, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display the Recording, including the license to authorize republication and distribution by another publisher. You waive any right to inspect or approve published forms of the Recording. You grant all of the foregoing rights irrevocably. The Publisher may transfer, assign, or sublicense these rights without further permission from you.
4. You represent and warrant that the Recording constitutes your own original work, and does not violate, in whole or in part, any existing copyright.
5. While the Publisher will strive to edit out identifying information from the Recordings before publishing, you acknowledge that some of your information and the information of persons recorded may be made public. You acknowledge that names, pseudonyms, place names, and other identifying information in the recordings or associated with the recordings may be made public.
6. On behalf of yourself and your next of kin, heirs and representatives, you release from all liability and promise not to sue the Publisher and its agents, from any and all claims, including claims of the Publisher’s negligence, resulting in any injury, damages, economic loss, or emotional distress, including all tort claims, including claims for fraud, invasion of privacy, libel, slander, defamation or disparagement.
7. You represent and warrant that you have full power to enter into this Agreement and to convey the rights herein granted.
8. This Agreement shall be construed as a contract made under the laws of the State of California.
9. This Agreement constitutes the sole expression of all understandings between you and the Publisher with respect to publishing the Recording.