Regarding the submission of your story performance (the “Recording”) to us at truestorytime.org (“the Publisher”), you agree to the following Agreement. In layperson’s terms, the agreement says that you consented to being recorded and you’re giving us permission to edit, publish, and distribute the recording. You performed this story yourself, and, to the best of your knowledge, it doesn’t violate anyone’s rights. While we do our best to make stories pseudo-anonymous (unless you put your full name above), you acknowledge that identifying info may be made public in your story and promise not to sue us for any consequences.
- You acknowledge that the Recording of your performance was made with your consent.
- You agree to electronically transfer it to the Publisher to be considered for publishing on truestorytime.org.
- The Publisher does not claim ownership of the Recording you submit. However, with respect to the Recording you submit, you grant the Publisher the following worldwide, royalty-free permissions: With respect to the Recording you submit, the permission to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display the Recording, including the permission to authorize republication and distribution by another publisher. You waive any right to inspect or approve published forms of the Recording. You grant all of the foregoing rights irrevocably. The Publisher may transfer, assign, or sublicense these rights without further permission from you.
- You represent and warrant that the Recording constitutes your own original work, and does not violate, in whole or in part, any existing copyright. You also represent and warrant that to the best of your knowledge and belief, the Recording does not defame, invade the privacy of, violate the civil rights of, or otherwise infringe the rights of any person.
- While the Publisher will strive to edit out identifying information from the Recordings before publishing, you acknowledge that some of your information and the information of persons recorded may be made public. You acknowledge that names, pseudonyms, place names, and other identifying information in the recordings or associated with the recordings may be made public.
- On behalf of yourself and your next of kin, heirs and representatives, you release from all liability and promise not to sue the Publisher and its agents, from any and all claims, including claims of the Publisher’s negligence, resulting in any injury, damages, economic loss, or emotional distress, including all tort claims, including claims for fraud, invasion of privacy, libel, slander, defamation or disparagement.
- You represent and warrant that you have full power to enter into this Agreement and to convey the rights herein granted.
- This Agreement shall be construed as a contract made under the laws of the State of California.
- This Agreement constitutes the sole expression of all understandings between you and the Publisher with respect to publishing the Recording.